True Tomato Pizza Sauce.
Ingredients of True Tomato Pizza Sauce
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 70 grams of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 of peeled tomatoes.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need 1/4 dash of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 dash of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 dash of basil.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
True Tomato Pizza Sauce step by step
- First, chop the onion and garlic and sauté them in olive oil (1 minute).
- Add the tomato paste and the seasoning. For the oregano, thyme and basil, add to taste but keep these ratios..
- Now add the peeled tomatoes. Make sure there is still some juice in them for this makes the sauce saucy. Stir for a while and taste again, maybe it could use some more of the seasonings..
- Let the sauce simmer for a while (10-30 mins) to let all the ingredients become mushy, OR, if you are not patient, put the sauce in a blender/liquidiser..
- BONUS TIP: When you simmer the sauce, try adding the tomato branches. Following, when you are done simmering, let the sauce cool for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the branches and proceed accordingly. I haven't tried it yet, but, according to a ratatouille recipe, it should be really nice..
- Pour on pizza dough, and add all topping you can image to be delicious. This is a sauce recipe. There is no recipe for pizzas; you create your own! (Or four of your own, this is quite a lot of sauce).