Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet.
Ingredients of Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet
- Prepare 2.5 Cups of unbleached bread flour.
- You need 1.5 cups of whole wheat bread flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of active dry yeast.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mustard powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of pepperoni stick.
- Prepare 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of of an onion.
- You need 2 cups of mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesian cheese.
- You need of pizza seasoning.
Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet step by step
- Making the dough 1- First, combine both flours, yeast and bread seasonings (mustard powder, pepper, salt) in a large mixing bowl. Add water and mix thoroughly until there is no flour left and your dough sticks together. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 8-14 hours..
- Making the dough 2- Uncover dough and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and mix until fully combined. Let rest for an adit iona 30mins to an hour..
- Making the dough 3- On a well flowered surface kneed your dough mixture, adding extra flower as needed) until dough is a nice texture and does not stick to your hands as easily. Separate into 2 ziploc bags and let rest until you are ready to make the pizza!.
- Preparing the pizza- Oil up a Cast iron skillet or similar cookware, add your dough and begin forming it to the pan. Let rest while preparing the rest of the toppings..
- Preparing the toppings Onions – First, chop up half an onion into long pieves, add to a paper towel covered dish and microwave for 1min to get most of the moisture out. Set aside until assembly..
- Preparing the toppings pepperoni – Slice up your pepperoni into thin (1/8in) slices, getting between 20-30 pieces of pepperoni from a foot long sausage. Add to a paper towel covered dish cover the top and microwave from 1 minute. Set aside for assembly..
- BBQ pizza sauce – Grab a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce and determine if it is A) too thick, B) too runny or C) perfect for pizza. If it is A) add small amounts of water to it and mix. For B) add Honey or Molasses until it becomes less runny. Skip this step for perfect pizza sauces..
- Assembling the pizza – Once again press the dough down making sure to have the sides pushed up for a crust. Lay a layer of cheese down at the bottom and coat as evenly as possible with bbq sauce. Then add your pepperoni in a large + grid to be able to place the most pepperoni possible. Fill the cracks between pepperoni with the onions and give it a smaller layer of cheese or parmesian on top..
- Cook on 450 degrees farenheight for 25-30mins (or more if you want well done crust) let sit for 15-20mins before cutting into and enjoy!.
- ~Bonus~ For garlic crust, melt garlic butter (or regular butter with garlic powder added) and brush onto your crust after taking it out of the oven. Then sprinkle on some extra parmesian cheese..