Pizza-Bacon Pain d'Epi & Sausage Pain d'Epi. Great recipe for Pizza-Bacon Pain d'Epi & Sausage Pain d'Epi. I turned my favorite pizza bread and sausage bread into pain d'epi (wheat stalk shaped Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the bacon version. Pain d'Epi is a type of artisan bread in which baguette dough is baked in a shape of a wheat stalk.
Ingredients of Pizza-Bacon Pain d'Epi & Sausage Pain d'Epi
- It’s 300 grams of All-purpose flour (or bread flour).
- You need 15 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 15 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 4 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 180 grams of Lukewarm water.
- It’s 3 slice of A. Bacon.
- It’s 1 of A. Sliced onion.
- It’s 1 of A. Canned whole corn kernels.
- It’s 1 of A. Pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 of A. Cheese.
- Prepare 6 of B. Small wiener sausages.
- You need 1 of B. Ketchup.
- You need 1 of B. Mustard.
- You need 1 of ※ Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
The bacon has to be cooked to a crisp consistency for this recipe, otherwise, it will become too soft in the sour cream sauce and cheese. Great recipe for Bacon Pain d'Epi. I wanted to eat a pain d'epi with black pepper in it, so I used French bread dough to make it. It seems that I haven't posted about bread for a long time on this blog.
Pizza-Bacon Pain d'Epi & Sausage Pain d'Epi step by step
- Slice the onion thinly. Drain the canned corn..
- Make the dough in a bread machine. When it's complete, take it out and press down lightly to deflate..
- Divide into 6 portions, round off each portion into a smooth ball, and rest for about 15 minutes..
- This is the dough after it has rested..
- Roll the dough out to about 25 x 10 cm. Spread on the pizza sauce, and top with the A. fillings..
- You can also spread mustard and ketchup on the dough and line with the sausages..
- Press the seams tightly closed so that the fillings don't come out..
- Place the rolls seam side down on a kitchen parchment paper lined baking tray for the 2nd rising..
- When the dough has risen, snip the dough quite deeply and at a sharp angle with kitchen scissors as shown, then push the cut parts to the left and right alternately..
- Mist the bread, and sprinkle the sausage version with black pepper..
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the bacon version..
- Bake in a 210°C oven for about 20 minutes..
- Golden brown pain d'epi!.
- This is the sausage version. It's great sprinkled with some Tabasco..
- This is bacon and cheese pain d'epi. The toasted cheese is nutty and delicious..
- This is a bacon and sausage pain d'epi..
Well, that's about to change since I'm on a bread making kick. After a bit of research, I finally discovered that this is referred to as "pain d'epi". An "epi" is an ear of wheat, which is what the shape is supposed to. Try the apricot tarts!!" Pain d'Epi is a French classic known as "wheat stalk bread." Summer Grilling Good Eggs Kitchen Poultry Sausage & Bacon Beef Pork Lamb & Game Meat Deli Meat & Charcuterie Jerky Pain d'Epi is a French classic known as "wheat stalk bread." Its classic shape gives it an extra-crusty, crunchy. We love Pain d'Epi not only because it's gorgeous but because it's such a crusty loaf.