Pizza shortbread. Be the first to review this recipe. Who says shortbread has to be sweet and only available at Christmas? Brown Sugar Shortbread Pizza Cookie: Prepare as directed, except substitute packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar.
Ingredients of Pizza shortbread
- Prepare 2 cups of or 500 ml all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of margarine or 250 ml (you can also use butter).
- You need of l1/2 cup or 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of or 30 ml finely chopped pimiento.
- It’s 1 tsp of or 5 ml dried oregano.
- You need 1 ml of salt.
- It’s Pinch of garlic.
- It’s 1 ml of pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of or 1 ml dried sweet basil.
- You need of Optional.
- Prepare of Paprika sprinkle.
Shortbread is a wonderful starting point for all kinds of sweet adventures: top it (nuts, chocolate, jam); flavor it (lemon, hazelnut, coconut); or do both (cappuccino with a mocha ganache drizzle, anyone?). Love this recipe, simple and divine. I have used in a Nordic ware shortbread pan and used it to roll and cut cookies. So the shortbread needs a touch of vanilla and a little nutmeg.
Pizza shortbread instructions
- Combine all ingredients except paprika (flour, butter, cheese, pimiento,oregano, and basil etc) in medium bowl.
- Shape into 2 rolls about 11/2” (3.8cm) in diameter. Cut into 1/4 “ (6mm) slices. I had to use measuring tape and I used Saran Wrap to roll the dough – it was just easier..
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. I did not use paprika because my husband has allergies to some types and it causes him to have an upset tummy..
- Bake at 375 f (190 c) oven for about 10 mins. Makes about 46 shortbread cookies.
Scottish shortbread has never been easier to make than with this simple shortbread recipe. These shortbreads are full of sweet, buttery flavour. Shortbread is one of the cookies/treats that I most associate with the holidays. I did not realize how easy shortbread was to make but the basic recipe consists of just flour, butter and sugar. Add some chocolate chips or lemon zest Try making these easy, buttery shortbread biscuits for an afternoon activity with the kids.