Homemade Pizza. Classic homemade pizza recipe, including pizza dough and toppings, step-by-step instructions with photos. Learning how to make pizza at home? This recipe is a hearty, zesty main dish with a crisp, golden crust.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza
- Prepare of Pizza Dough.
- You need 2 1/2 Cups of Warm Water (115° F).
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 3 Tsp of Instant Yeast.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 6 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Toppings (Suggestions).
- Prepare 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce (Your Choice Of Flavor).
- It’s 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 1 Pound of Grilled Chicken (Cut Bite Size Pieces).
- You need 6 Strips of Bacon (Cut Bite Size Pieces).
- It’s Half of A Onion (Small Strips).
- You need of Baby Bell Mushrooms (Sliced).
I've been making homemade pizza for many years now and as many of you know it's pretty hard to get a great homemade pizza with similar results as the ones baked in a wood fire oven. Then try this simple homemade margherita pizza recipe. Learn how to make a pizza at home for the ultimate Friday night feast. Making homemade pizza from prepared dough is a quick and easy dinner any night of the week.
Homemade Pizza step by step
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, sugar and yeast. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes until frothy. Add in the vegetable oil..
- In a bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Add the flour to the yeast mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between additions. Continue adding the flour until the dough can be pulled away from the sides of the bowl with a spatula, but the dough will still be quite sticky. You may need to add in a little bit more or less flour, but the key is to remember that the dough will still be sticky and will stick to your fingers when you try to pull it apart..
- Grease a large bowl, then scrape the dough into the bowl. Turn the dough to coat it in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel and a let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled, about 1 hour..
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Pull the dough around to the bottom, stretching it to create a smooth ball. Cut the dough into 3 equal portions. Each ball will be approximately 1 pound of dough.
- Roll out the dough to use in your favorite pizza recipe, or refrigerate until needed. (I have refrigerated it for several hours, up to overnight, but the dough will continue to rise, even in the refrigerator, so I try to use it before 24 hours..
- To bake, preheat a pizza stone in the oven as hot as you can go for at least 30 minutes. (I usually go between 475ºF and 500ºF.) You don't need a pizza stone, if you don't have anything round just use a rectangle baking sheet..
- Prepare your pizza with your desired toppings and bake until the crust is golden, 8-10 minutes..
Even making your own dough only really adds a few minutes to the prep time! Pile on your favorite. "Make quick, easy homemade pizza tonight! Homemade pizza sauce + homemade crust that comes together in a flash and tastes amazing!" A great recipe for homemade pizza dough and sauce. I love it when the whole family gets involved in making a meal. Homemade Pizza: Okay, I've been making pizza at home for a long time.