Brenda's Jalapeno Popper Pizzas. This was the BEST jalapeno popper pizza recipe that I have ever made or tried! I used Sherri 's personal recipe 'Basic Pizza Dough' for the crust and stuffed the crust w/ mozzarella for extra cheesy goodness. Today she woke up hungry so she wanted to make some Jalapeño Poppers lol.
Ingredients of Brenda's Jalapeno Popper Pizzas
- Prepare 1 packages of (11oz) refrigerated thin pizza crust.
- You need 4 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 2 of jalapeno peppers, diced (or 1/2 can diced jalapenos).
- You need 1 small of red bell pepper (about 1/2 cup finely diced).
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chedder cheese.
- It’s 1 of Parmesan cheese.
Today I decided to try my hand at a popper pizza. When I first decided to make this recipe, I played with the idea of using cream cheese as the base sauce. Fresh Jalapenos are sliced in half and filled with a rich creamy cheese filling and topped with a crisp Panko topping. I love jalapenos in any way, shape or form!
Brenda's Jalapeno Popper Pizzas instructions
- Slice bacon into 1/4-inch pieces. Cook in saute pan over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towel. Using 1 tsp of drippings to saute diced bell pepper and diced jalapenos 2-3 minutes or until tender..
- Combine cream cheese, chedder cheese, peppers and bacon in bowl and mix well..
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on working area and unroll dough on top of cheese to coat underside. Roll dough out a bit to make a long rectangle. Spread mixture over entire dough. Depending on how thick and/or how many individual pizzas you want, start at one end and roll dough into a log..
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up. Cut log into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Place on non-stick cookie sheet and bake at 350° for about 11-15 minutes or until golden brown..
- Nutrition Info: Calories 90; Total Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 2.5g; Cholesterol 10mg; Carbohydrates 8mg; Protein 3g; Sodium 160mg; Fiber 0g.
Making homemade poppers is super easy and tastes way better than frozen store bought or restaurant! Jalapeño poppers are a very popular appetizer in restaurants, and for good reason. They're crispy, spicy, and cheesy all at once, and you can hold them in your hands easily. The little hot peppers are hollowed out, filled with a cheesy mixture, then deep-fried until they are crisp and the filling is melted. Jalapeno Popper Party Dip & Pizza Rolls.