Amy's Gourmet Neapolitan Pizza. Alfonso's Family Trattoria & Gourmet Pizzeria. Neapolitan pizza originated in Naples, Italy. Learn how to make authentic Neapolitan pizza dough and simple tomato sauce, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and olive oil.
Ingredients of Amy's Gourmet Neapolitan Pizza
- You need 4 cup of Whole wheat (or white) flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Sugar (or agave, honey, etc).
- It’s 1 cup of Warm water.
- You need 1 of Garlic, oregano, crushed pepper, basil, etc.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Roma or grape tomatoes, sliced and gutted.
- Prepare 1 medium of Chopped onion.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Green and red bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Celery.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Garlic.
- It’s of toppings.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 1/4 of Tomato, onion, pepper, capers, mushroom, pineapple, meat, etc.
- Prepare of optional.
- Prepare 1 1/2 can of Marinara or Alfredo.
View the menu for MidiCi Neapolitan Pizza on MenuPages and find your next meal. A home baking method that SIMULATES the wood-burning oven! Mix the yeast and water in a bowl and stand for a few minutes to froth up. Remove from oven and top each pizza with ¼ cup fresh basil before slicing.
Amy's Gourmet Neapolitan Pizza instructions
- In a large bowl, add warm water and yeast. Let fit for 1-2 minutes..
- Add salt and sugar..
- Slowly add flour in 1/2 cup increments. At some point you will begin needing the dough. You may not need all if the flour. Make sure it's not too tough. Do not over work..
- Let dough rise atop the preheating oven for the duration if the preparation of the other ingredients in bowl..
- Prepaid the sauce by either mixing ingredients with olive oil and oven roasting on a baking sheet until soft OR cooking in large sauce pan..
- Once the sauce mixture is ready pur?e it in blender or food processed to desired consistency..
- Roll dough out on flour coated surface and create crust to desired thickness. Place on floured baking sheet..
- Spread sauce evenly and top with toppings. Make sure you layer the toppings that will over dry under cheese..
- Bake at 375' for 20-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crisp..
These are the ratios used by the Associazione Verace Picca Napoletana, which safeguards the original recipe for Neapolitan dough. All you have to do here is type in what kind of pizza you want to make – Neapolitan, in this case -, how big you want them to be and how many you're going to make. During our trip to Italy, we visited one of the oldest pizzerias in Naples, Sorbillo, where people queue around the block to sample their classic pizza margherita. I think pizza margherita is the true test of a pizza joint. If they can get this right, they can get anything right.