Make it Your Own Pizza Dough!. We make this easy pizza dough recipe (paired with this homemade pizza sauce) at least once a week, and I am a firm believer that the deliciousness of a pizza lies You can also make the crust into small personal pizzas and let the kids put their own toppings on it, which is super fun. This recipe for everyday pizza dough is one we've worked on together over the years, tweaking something here and adding something there, until finally coming to a consensus. That makes it sound like this recipe might be tricky — it's not.
Ingredients of Make it Your Own Pizza Dough!
- Prepare 1/2 cup of luke warm water (skin temperature).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of skim milk (or any kind).
- It’s 1 tbsp of liquid honey.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast (or one package).
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (or other cooking oil).
- It’s 1/4 cup of your choice of spices or herbs combined. For example 1/8 cup garlic powder & 1/8 cup dried oregano.
- It’s 1 cup of additional of all purpose flour for kneading.
But if you have bread flour, it To make the dough, mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large bowl and stir in the olive oil and milk. Gradually add the water, mixing well to form a. Mini pizzas on homemade thin crust dough + tons of topping ideas! These little bites are perfect for parties and fun for weeknights!
Make it Your Own Pizza Dough! instructions
- Heat milk in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds or until it reaches a lukewarm temperature..
- Combine in a small or medium bowl your milk and lukewarm water. Add the liquid honey and stirr until dissolved..
- Sprinkle the yeast into the lukewarm liquid and honey mixture. Let the yeast bloom for about 5 minutes. *To bloom yeast means to let it activate and become frothy or foamy looking*.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients including your choice of dry herbs and/or spices. Then make a well or hole in the middle of the dry mix..
- Add your now bloomed yeast mixture to the well in your dry mixture. Also add your oil to the well and gently stir the mixture until the wet and dry are incorporated..
- Using some of the additional flour, lightly dust a clean counter and drop your dough mixture onto the floured counter. Dust a little more flour on top of the dough and onto your hands so they don't stick..
- Begin kneading or slowly massaging and rolling your dough to incorporate more flour. As you need it dust more flour on the counter and your hands so the dough does not stick. Continue kneading until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. (About 2-5 minutes).
- In a large bowl use oil to grease the entire inside of the bowl or use an oil spray. Put your kneaded dough into the greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap leaving a small opening. You may also use a damp kitchen towel to cover the bowl as well. Put your bowl into a warm spot in your kitchen so your dough can rise for about an hour..
- Once your dough has doubled in size, punch it down and knead again on the counter to incorporate more flour. Return dough to the bowl, recover, and return to the warm spot in your kitchen to let rise again for 30 minutes..
- For the 30 minutes, you can preheat your oven to 450°F and prepare your pizza toppings..
- Once your dough has doubled in size again, punch down once more and return to the floured counter to work the dough into its final shapes and sizes. *If you wish, you can turn your dough into buns, mini pizzas, garlic sticks, or any other creation you'd like to make..
- Grease your baking pan or sheet with oil or spray. Place your dough onto the pan and work your dough to fit the pan and work into desired thickness. Place your sauce and toppings onto your dough and place into the oven on a middle rack..
- Keep and eye on your creation, but after about 10-15 minutes your pizza should start to form a crust. At this time if you wish you can slide your pizza off the baking sheet onto your oven rack to get a crispier crust. Bake until toppings brown and bubble. (Another 5-15 minutes depending on size and doneness preference).
- To remove from oven, place back onto baking sheet before removing from the oven. Cut into slices and enjoy!!.
Wow I so have to make these. We love homemade pizza in our house and the crust is really what makes it. Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water Divide the dough in half. Form two round balls of dough. Learn how to make homemade pizza dough and form pizza crust with our easy step-by-step guide.