Pizza Dough. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results!
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- You need 3 of to 4 Cups of AP flour.
- It’s 2 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of warm water (around 115F).
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 oz of package of dry instant yeast.
The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner.
Pizza Dough instructions
- Put bread flour into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt and yeast to the flour. Stir to combine evenly..
- Combine melted butter and warm water. Pour water mixture into flour mixture and stir by hand with a large spoon. At this point the dough will look more like pancake batter than pizza dough, but continue to stir once combined for a minute or two to really develop those glutens!.
- Stir in (by hand) 2-3 more cups of the AP flour. This should bring the dough to a point where it is kneadable. Use remaining flour to dust a clean, smooth work surface..
- Knead the dough to work in as much flour until the dough is no longer tacky. The outside "skin" will be smooth..
- Divide the dough into the desired number of pizzas. This Recipe makes two large pizzas or four small pizzas. Roll each part of divided dough into balls, coat with olive oil and place each in a seperate large bowl..
- Turn oven on to 350F, but only allow to preheat for one minute then turn the oven off. The idea is to just warm the oven; Not to get it hot. Cover each bowl with a damp towel. Place in the warm oven to rise 2-3 hours or until the dough has doubled in size..
- Flour pizza pans and turn out risen dough on each pan. Be gentle with the dough while spreading it to the edges in the pan keeping it as even as possible. Use a fork to dock the entire dough (except the edges where the crust will be)..
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake each dough/crust for 10 minutes without toppings or sauce (yes, i know this is sacreligious to many pizza-philes, but it works for this recipe)..
- Remove crust from oven, add desired sauce and toppings, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. De-pan the pizzas. Allow pizzas to sit for 5 minutes before slicing (this is the hardest step 🙂 It's a good time to go pour yourself a cold beer)..
Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Thank you Martha, my new to go too.