Tomato Sauce for Pizza.
Ingredients of Tomato Sauce for Pizza
- Prepare 1 can of Whole canned tomatoes.
- You need 3 of Anchovies.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Red chili pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Basil (If you have it).
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil.
Tomato Sauce for Pizza step by step
- Finely chop the garlic, remove the seeds from the red pepper, and thinly cut it into round slices..
- Add a generous amount of olive oil to the pot. Then stir fry the anchovies, garlic, and the red pepper until you can smell the aroma of the garlic..
- Once you can smell the aroma of the garlic, turn off the heat and add in the can of tomatoes and sugar. Then on low heat, break up the tomatoes and simmer..
- Reduce the sauce for 15 minutes until creamy and thick and season with salt and pepper. If you have it, add in the basil now too. Once it's done, transfer to a bowl and let it cool..
- Coat the top of a rolled out pizza base with sauce and add on your desired toppings and bake. Pizza Dough. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149848-whole-wheat-pizza-dough-in-a-bread-machine.