Pizza Potato Skin Bites. Mini Pizza Potato Skins – one bite baby potato skins with a pepperoni pizza topping! I've made pizza potato skins in the past using full size potatoes, but I found that there was too much pizza sauce and cheese required to fill the potato skin (because the scooped out potato bowl is quite deep). To make the potato skins, scrub the heck out of some small russet potatoes in order to get them nice and clean.
Ingredients of Pizza Potato Skin Bites
- Prepare 1 pound of baby red potatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of jalapeno jack cheese, grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of romano cheese, freshly grated.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped basil.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, thin sliced, green part only.
- It’s 1/4 cup of marinara sauce plus more for dipping. I used my basic marinara sauce in my profile and in search or use your favorite.
- Prepare of about 12 thin slices of pepperoni.
If you love pizza and you love potato skins, then this is your perfect appetizer! They're crispy, cheesy, a bit spicy from the pepperoni, so yummy and tasty! Does that do it for you? If not, I hope the picture does, a picture is.
Pizza Potato Skin Bites step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil..
- Precook pepperoni (to remove exces oil and insure they are crispy) Place a couple of paper towels on a microwave safe plate, add pepperoni, in one layer cover with paper towel. Microwave on high just 10 to 20 seconds until starting to crisp up.
- Cut pepperoni 8nto 4 pieces for each slice.
- Place potatoes on foil and bake just until tender, about 25 minutes.
- In a bowl combine cheeses, italian seasoning, green onion and basil.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in halve and using a teaspoon scoop out enough pulp to make a area for the cheese.
- Increase oven temperatire to 425. Take hollowed potatoes and place them back on foil lined baking sheet bottom up, brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to oven to crisp skins. Bake about 10 – 15:minutes just until golden.
- Flip them over, brush each one with marinara sauce.
- Fill with cheese mixture, top with pepperoni and cooked bacon. I did half pepperoni half bacon.
- Serve with extra marinara for dipping.
These Paleo Pizza Potato Skins have all the flavor of pizza, but packed into a scooped out potato! Perfect as an appetizer or a meal. The great thing about these is that you can use your favorite pizza toppings. Maybe you love green peppers, or ham, or bacon- add it. Farm Rich Loaded Potato Skins mashed as the pizza crust and layered with all of your favorite pizza toppings. this delicious recipe from Tasty is sure to.