Pork Roast with Sweet & Sour Sauce. Sweet and spicy rub for pork tenderloins. Goes great with polenta or mashed yams. Delicious pork loin roasted with bacon that the whole family will love.
Ingredients of Pork Roast with Sweet & Sour Sauce
- You need of Main Ingredient.
- You need of pork meat.
- You need of Marinade.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need of garlic oil.
- You need of chicken broth.
- It’s of Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- You need of lime water.
- Prepare of apple sauce.
- Prepare of tomato ketchup.
I got this from another website and tweaked it to my likings. If you are preparing a larger roast just double the ingredients. This pork loin is roasted with sweet potatoes and apples, making it a one-pot meal. Honey and orange juice enhance the dish's natural sweetness.
Pork Roast with Sweet & Sour Sauce step by step
- Clean the pork meat using tap water, cut into pieces with thickness no more than 1.5 inches.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the meat using hand, pressing againts the meat with little pressure so the flavor settle deeper. Do the same with the chicken broth. The chicken broth can be replaced with any other broth..
- Pour garlic oil all over the meat. This step will give your roast a defining fragrance, so make sure to put this ingredient after you put all other ingredients. Let the meat settle for about 15 minutes.
- For the apple sauce, you can make it easily by boiling half pear of apple with 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoon of sugar. After bringing the water to boil in small heat, crush the fruit and let it settle for 5 minutes in medium heat. Squeeze all the juice from the crushed apple for maximum amount of sauce..
- Mix apple sauce, lime water, and ketchup..
- Using a griller, grill the meat, constantly basked with the sauce. For evenly done end result, turn the meat every two minutes, and bask at least once per turn. You can check if it's well cooked by making puctures with a fork and see if there's any juice running. The meat is ready to be served if the juice runs clear from the meat..
- Add decorations and have a homemade fine dining!.
Place the sweet potatoes around the pork. The menu and recipes included here for this Sunday dinner are Pork Roast (loin, which is lean pork), Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Sugar Free Applesauce. Next time I make this dinner I'll make more sweet potatoes and omit the white potatoes as everyone enjoyed them so much. Casseroles, One Pot, Boneless Pork Shoulder, Sweet Potato, Dinner, Main Course, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free. Place the pork roast in a cast-iron or enamel casserole with a lid.