BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. When it comes to BBQ nothing beats a good, simple, pulled pork sandwich. For me, pork butt or pork shoulder blade roast, as it's sometimes called, makes the best pulled pork. Anyone can smoke a pork butt and this recipe is a guaranteed "no fail" method on how I do it.
Ingredients of BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Prepare of pork (shoulder or butt, bone-in).
- Prepare of dry rub (seasonings).
- You need of small onion, roughly chopped.
- You need of vegetable stock.
- You need of apple-cider vinegar.
- You need of BBQ sauce (divided).
- Prepare of dry mustard.
- Prepare of fresh rosemary.
These BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are a crowd pleasing that is made with a slow cooker so the active preparation time is just minutes! I've got something fun for you today. I have teamed up with six of my favorite Chicago food bloggers for a virtual dinner party! Spread out the onions and garlic in an even layer in a roasting pan and pour in the chicken stock.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich step by step
- Prepare the pork (trim fat, remove rind) and cover the meat with dry rub seasonings and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour (covered)..
- Heat up an outdoor grill with smoking chips (best) or a large frying pan with oil, and sear the meat on all sides on medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes all 4 sides. [This will seal in the juices of the meat while slow-cooking later in the oven].
- Heat oven to 300˚.
- Transfer the meat to a large pot / pan with lid (oven proof) and add the onion, braising liquid ingredients, and seasonings. Cover and place in the oven to slow cook for 3 hours..
- When done cooking, carefully remove the meat from the pan and place on a large cutting board surface. Allow the pork to cool a bit. Drain off the pan liquid..
- Shred the pork using two forks. Lightly chop the shredded pieces crosswise..
- Add the shredded pork back to the empty pan and lightly cover with BBQ sauce. Cover and place back into the now cooling oven for 10 minutes..
- Remove from oven and lightly mix the pork. Place the pork on open buns / rolls and top with other favorite toppings (slaw, pickle, etc.)..
Combine the Cajun seasoning and brown sugar in a small bowl. Pat the pork shoulder dry with paper towels and then rub all over with the spice mixture. BBQ pulled pork sandwich is always a crowd's favorite at potlucks and parties. Soft buns are filled with tender, BBQ-flavored meat and as many toppings as one desires! Check the post for detailed instructions and ideas on toppings/sides, … How to make BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.