Moo Ping (Thai Grilled Pork Skewers). Thinly sliced pork shoulder gets marinated, put on a stick, grilled, and brushed with coconut cream. These skewers will have you forget all about sad While most people in the United States are most familiar with satay-style Thai skewers, these grilled pork skewers, called moo ping, are a popular. Duncan Robertson is in Bangkok and shows you how to make Moo Ping (Pork Skewers) these are an absolute must try.
Ingredients of Moo Ping (Thai Grilled Pork Skewers)
- It’s of bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour.
- You need of pork loin, diced.
- You need of coconut milk.
- Prepare of cilantro leaves for garnish.
- It’s of For the marinade:.
- Prepare of cilantro stems, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of white pepper powder.
- It’s of palm sugar.
- Prepare of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Prepare of oyster sauce.
These quick, cheap snacks are packed full of flavour and super easy to prepare. From the looks of it, you wouldn't think something like Thai-style grilled pork on skewers would require a year of recipe testing. But that's exactly what It's not just the marinade formula which I feel must replicate the flavor of what was served at my favorite Mu Ping (often transliterated Moo Ping) stall in. In Thailand, moo ping is sold by street vendors who cook the skewers over hardwood charcoal on grills set out on crowded sidewalks.
Moo Ping (Thai Grilled Pork Skewers) step by step
- Using a mortar and a pestle, pound cilantro stems, garlic, white pepper powder, and palm sugar until a paste is formed..
- Add dark soy sauce, fish sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well..
- Mix the marinade paste and the diced pork loin in a bowl. Cover the bowl. Put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour..
- Take the pork out of the fridge. Thread the pork pieces tightly onto the bamboo skewers, approximately five pieces per skewer. Coat the skewers with the remaining marinade sauce..
- Heat the grill to low medium heat. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook slowly and bast with coconut milk until all the skewers cooked completely. It might take 15-20 minutes..
- Serve warm with cilantro leaves on top. Yum! 😋.
Pork shoulder is the best cut to use as it has a decent amount of fat, which is essential for flavor and juiciness. Partially freezing the meat firms it so it's easier to slice. Thai Pork skewers recipe, a popular grilled pork on a stick. A Thai street food with herb, spices, sauces and coconut milk that has a sweet and salty flavor that is a summer favorite summer grilled food. Thai-style grilled pork skewers are made with sliced pork tenderloin in a marinade of fish sauce, coconut cream, cilantro, and white pepper.