Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF. This is a great slow cooker BBQ pulled pork, perfect for a evening dinner or a get-together. This BBQ pulled pork slow cooker recipe involves cooking the. Home » Recipes » Slow Cooker Recipes » Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork.
Ingredients of Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of trimmed pork shoulder (around 3lbs).
- Prepare of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of brown sugar (a packed half cup).
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of oregano.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of onion powder.
- It’s of Vickys Gluten-Free Worcestershire sauce, recipe link below.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of cayenne pepper (optional).
Pour BBQ sauce into the bottom of a slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, Worcestershire, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. You can't really taste the cider, it's more for adding liquid into the slow cooker as well as a bit of flavour into the liquid in which the pork is cooked and also then used for the sauce. Place pork in slow cooker on low heat, covering with barbeque sauce.
Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Mix the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and other flavourings, herbs & spices together. Adjust the seasoning to taste, you may want to add more sugar, garlic or cayenne, the flavour will be mellowed after cooking so bear this in mind https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Put the pork shoulder in a slow cooker / crockpot or casserole dish and pour the sauce mixture over it.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. If using an oven put it on it's lowest setting for 8 – 10 hours.
- Take the pork out carefully as it will be tender and falling apart. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork meat.
- Put the pulled pork back into the sauce and warm through before serving.
- This is enough to serve 8 – 10 pulled pork sandwiches, feel free to top with your favourite BBQ sauce. You could use my BBQ sauce ingredients in the same quantities as listed above and just bring them to a simmer in a small pan. The sauce in the slow cooker gets watered down with the pork juices but in the pan you'll end up with a thicker version.
Remove meat from cooker and shred/pull with forks. The 'sauce' did smell pretty pokey, but did the trick. I slow cooked the pork in it as advertised, but left nearly all of it in the slow cooker when I took the. Before cooking, you can make this slow cooker BBQ pulled pork recipe as a freezer to crockpot meal. Place all of the ingredients in a heavy duty zip-top bag Cuisine American.