Shepard's Pie #2. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Ingredients of Shepard's Pie #2
- Bereiten 1 3/4 lb of ground beef.
- Bereiten 10 of baby carrots; medium slice.
- Es ist 1/2 of large yellow onion; small dice.
- Du brauchst 3 clove of garlic; minced.
- Es ist 4 oz of red thai curry paste.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary; minced.
- Bereiten 1 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme; minced.
- Bereiten 2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Es ist 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
- Du brauchst 6 of medium-large russet potatoes; peeled.
- Es ist 1 1/2 stick of cold butter; cubed.
- Bereiten 8 oz of sour cream.
- Du brauchst 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Du brauchst 2/3 cup of aged Irish cheddar; shredded.
- Du brauchst 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Bereiten 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Es ist 1 of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepard's Pie #2 Anleitung
- Boil potatoes in cold salted water until easily pierced with a pairing knife. Drain. Return potatoes to high heat for 30 seconds to remove excess moisture..
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a large, deep, oven-safe fry/roasting pan with just enough oil to cover the bottom. (Ground beef provides its own fat, but to prevent veggies from burning).
- Add ground beef, onions, and carrots. Season with herbs, pepper flakes, ginger, salt, and pepper. Heat on medium-high heat until meat is browned. Add garlic during last 30 seconds of cooking..
- Drain fat. Add 1/2 cup water and curry paste. Heat 1-2 minutes to incorporate and reduce..
- Add sour cream, heavy cream, cheeses, salt, and pepper to potatoes. Mash. (Save a little cheddar to sprinkle over the top).
- Spread potatoes over the ground beef mixture inside the pan. Sprinkle the top with cheddar..
- Bake at 350° for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and beef is thoroughly heated..
- Variations; Roasted bell peppers, shallots, jalapeños, paprika, smoked paprika, applewood, ranch, dried onion soup mix, beef stock, demi glace, roasted garlic, red or yellow potatoes, caramelized onions, cayenne, other curries, Italian seasoning, celery root, turnips, butternut squash, parsley, guiness, whiskey, malt vinegar, fresh ginger, coconut curry.
This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.