Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti. While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. The perfect blend of bright Mediterranean flavors pair well with the nuttiness of toasted pine nuts and almost buttery bite of freshly grilled shrimp. Mediterranean Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash & Toasted.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti
- You need 8 oz of uncooked spaghetti.
- It’s 12 oz of peeled and deveined medium shrimp.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of 1% low fat milk, divided.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of finely chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of torn fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of pesto (optional) instead of 1/3 cup chopped basil.
Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions. Start tasting a minute or so ahead of time so you don't overcook it. Meanwhile, pour a healthy glug of olive oil into a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and pine nuts and let them toast very slowly until lightly browned.
Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti instructions
- Bring 4 qts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta and cook 7 minutes. Add shrimp to pan, cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done and pasta is al dente. Drain, keep warm..
- While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add nuts to pan and cook 2 minutes or til golden brown..
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a saucepan, whisking until well blended. Place pan on medium heat and gradually stir in remaining milk. Stir in mustard and nutmeg. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium- low, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken; stirring constantly. Stir in S&P; cook 1 minute. Add pasta and shrimp, cheese and chopped basil, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle with nuts and torn basil..
Shrimp Spaghetti from Deep South Dish blog. Often referred to as shrimp boat spaghetti, because it could easily be made with a scoop out of the day's catch and ingredients easy transported on a shrimp boat. I added tomatoes and shrimp to complete this dish but you could easily skip them and try using chicken or a vegetarian version. Add the pasta back to the pan, stir in the pesto and pine nuts until combined. Whole Wheat Spaghetti Salad With Grilled Zucchini, Kalamata Olives, and Feta.