Irenea's Apple Tart. This Apple Tart is a looker! It's crowned with a beautiful rose pattern of sliced apples (and it's easier than you think!). The juices from the cinnamon-sugar coated apple slices.
Ingredients of Irenea's Apple Tart
- It’s 150 grams of butter.
- It’s 70 grams of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3 medium of eggs.
- Prepare 1 medium of lemon or lime.
- Prepare 450 grams of Apple (crispy & tart).
- Prepare 150 grams of orange marmalade.
- You need 200 grams of all purpose flour.
French Apple Tart Recipe & Video. This classic French Apple Tart (Tarte aux Pommes) gives you a double dose of apples. A simple, rustic apple tart recipe with a buttery crust, thinly sliced apples and toasted almonds. Jump to the Simple Apple Tart Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it.
Irenea's Apple Tart instructions
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Mix flour, butter (cut in small cubes), lemon rinds.
- Add 2 egg yolks.
- Mix until you form into a ball.
- Put in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate.
- Divide into 2 & roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Put at bottom of pan & leave some excess at the edge.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Meantime, core & cut apple into slivers & add the lemon juice.
- Alternate layers: apple slices then thin layer of orange marmalade then apples last.
- Cover with the 2nd dough & pinch edges closed.
- Warm an egg with some milk & brush this over the crust.
- Make a crisscut on top so that the inside doesnt pop when it is getting baked.
- Bake 30 minutes till golden brown.
- Put on a serving dish (we like this with a cup of freshly brewed coffee).
This french classic is definitely worth a go and a great way to use up apples at the end of the season. Learn how to make my Apple Tart Recipe that is as beautiful as it is delicious. A traditional Irish apple tart recipe. Perfect served warm with a scoop of good ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, or cold with a cup of tea. I made this and it turned out so perfect!