Ingredients of Pistachio Tart
- Prepare 1 of Refrigerated Ready-Made Crust.
- It’s 3 cup of Pistachio Kernels (Divided).
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced Almonds.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Light or Dark Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of Dark Corn Syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Half-and-Half.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chocolate Chips (Melted).
Pistachio Tart step by step
- Preheat oven according to piecrust package directions..
- Line 9-inch tart shell with piecrust. Bake as instructed for a single-crust pie until golden..
- Pour 2 cups pistachio kernels and the sliced almonds over the crust in a single layer. Chop the remaining cup of pistachios; set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with brown sugar, corn syrup, half-and-half, and vanilla. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour the hot mixture over the pistachios and almonds..
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until bubbly and golden. Let cool on a rack..
- When cool, drizzle with melted chocolate and garnish with chopped pistachios..