No Need to Bake twice! Kabocha Tart Cake.
Ingredients of No Need to Bake twice! Kabocha Tart Cake
- Prepare 1 of optional Tart dough.
- Prepare 60 grams of Butter.
- You need 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 of Egg.
- It’s 140 grams of White flour.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 1 of net 350 grams without skin or pulp Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 70 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 70 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 of Egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of Plain flour.
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
No Need to Bake twice! Kabocha Tart Cake instructions
- Make the tart crust. Put the butter into a bowl and bring to room temperature. Mix in the sugar. Add the egg and mix. Add the sifted flour and mix until it lumps together..
- Press the dough into a tart pan lined with paper. (optionally, chill in the refrigerator)..
- Scoop out the pulp from the kabocha and wrap with plastic wrap. Microwave until soft (about 5 minutes). Remove the skin with a knife. Cut into chunks that can go into a mixer or food processor..
- Put the cut kabocha and the other ingredients into a mixer or food processor and blend for about 2 minutes..
- Pour the kabocha mixture ontop of the tart crust from Step 2 and bake in an oven preheated to 160°C for 30 minutes. Increase the heat to 180°C and bake for about 5 more minutes..
- When the surface has lightly browned and the cake has risen, it's done!.
- You can even bake in a paper cake mold..
- You can make this recipe into financiers by altering the ingredients slightly. 50 g butter, 50 g sugar, 1 egg, 80 g kabocha, 20 g heavy cream, 50 g flour, cinnamon, and vanilla..