Chunky Rhubarb Tart. We liked ours tart, but you can adjust the sugar to your taste and depending on the tartness of your apples. Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Thin slices of tart, seasonal rhubarb top a sweet almond frangipane filling, nestled into a buttery shortbread crust.
Ingredients of Chunky Rhubarb Tart
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 21cm tart.
- You need of Tart Dough.
- It’s 180 g of Butter.
- It’s 95 g of Sugar.
- It’s of Egg (about 1 Egg) 60g.
- It’s 40 g of Ground Almonds.
- Prepare 250 g of Flour.
- Prepare of Filling (Marinated Rhubarb).
- Prepare 250 g of Rhubarb.
- You need 30 g of Sugar.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 100 g of Eggs (about 2 Eggs).
- You need 20 g of Egg Yolk (about 1 Egg Yolk).
- It’s 15 g of Cornstarch.
- You need 100 g of Icing Sugar.
- You need 60 g of Yogurt.
- Prepare 90 g of Milk.
- You need 180 g of Cream.
- It’s of Quantities for Exterior.
- You need 1 of Egg for egg wash.
- You need of Graham Cookie Crumbs (or cake crumbs).
So I thought, why not add rhubarb? I like mine tart, but you can adjust the sugar to your taste and… A super simple rhubarb tart, possibly the simplest a rhubarb tart can get! Every time rhubarb season rolls around, I'm IN on it, buying it as often as I can make. You can only get rhubarb this time of year—better make the most of it!
Chunky Rhubarb Tart step by step
- Operation Time / 30min Oven Temperature / 350F Baking Time / 20 min + 40 min.
- Marinated Rhubarb.
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces and add to a small bowl..
- Add the sugar to marinate. Keep in the fridge overnight..
- Tart Dough (http://www.chez-k.org/basics/tart-dough-pate-sucre/).
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Prepare tart dough. Bake following the making method. Bake until edges are lightly golden..
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg for the egg wash. Brush the egg solution on the surface of the tart..
- Bake another 5 min or until the egg wash is dry..
- Filling & build-up.
- Add the rhubarb to a strainer to drain the water. Set aside until use..
- Sift the cornstarch and icing sugar into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside until use..
- Add the eggs and egg yolk to a medium saucepan and whisk well..
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the egg solution and whisk well..
- Add the yogurt and whisk well..
- Add the milk and cream and whisk well..
- Strain the solution and wrap the top. Keep in your fridge for at least 30 min..
- Spread the graham cookie crumbs (quantities for exterior) on the tart crust evenly..
- Place the rhubarb pieces on top..
- Carefully pour the egg solution into the tart crust..
- Place the mold on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 40 min or until the filling is solid. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Plus, try our best strawberry-rhubarb recipes. Rhubarb Dream Bars are delicious and easy to make! Rhubarb Dream Bars by Noshing With The Nolands – A creamy rhubarb custard nestled into a flaky butter crust. Rhubarb has a tart flavor and bright pink color. Here, find our best rhubarb recipes, from cakes, crisps, and pies to rhubarb compote, rhubarb chutney, and even drinks featuring this spring vegetable.