Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime.
Ingredients of Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime
- Prepare of (6 inch) corn tortillas, julienned.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of white onion sliced thin.
- It’s of garlic cloves sliced thin.
- It’s of fresh jalapeno sliced.
- Prepare of fresh chicken breast thin chunks.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- Prepare of fresh lime juice.
- It’s of tomato seeded diced.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- You need of avocado – peeled, pitted and diced.
- It’s of chopped fresh cilantro.
Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime instructions
- Preheat oven 400.
- Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes..
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and jalapenos in olive oil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through. Adjust seasonings..
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.