Smoked bbq bacon wrapped rabbit. How to Smoke a Bacon-Wrapped Rabbit with Armadillo Pepper. Rabbit is a lean meat, so we will start with by soaking it in a brine overnight. After it thawed in the fridge for a couple of days I sprinkled it with my BIL's bbq seasoning and wrapped it in bacon, then in cheesecloth because they I moistened the cheesecloth and then smoked it along with the bacon chicken breasts.
Ingredients of Smoked bbq bacon wrapped rabbit
- You need 1 of whole rabbit (skinned).
- You need of baby rays bbq sauce.
- Prepare 1 of large package of bacon.
- You need of brine.
Pork tenderloin are great for BBQ parties and potlucks. For their small size, these bacon wrapped smokes are sweet, smokey, and packed full of flavor. They'll be a new crowd favorite! Feel free to sprinkle some parmesan cheese and chopped spring onion over them.
Smoked bbq bacon wrapped rabbit step by step
- Brine for 24 hours in fridge. Brine should consist of 1/2 gallon water, 1/4 cup salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Remove rabbit from brine, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Rub meat down with desired amount of bbq sauce.
- Wrap bacon in circular motion around meat. Use toothpicks to hold into place as needed.
- Add wood chips to smoker ever 30-45 minutes. Cook meat for approx 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
So slap on the Bacon Wrapped Smoked Chicken Breasts and forget about your troubles for a few hours! Leaner cuts of meat, like chicken breasts, are more tolerant of higher smoking temperatures because there isn't fat and collagen to break down. Bacon Wrapped Smoked Turkey: Someone passed me an amazing photo last Thanksgiving of an oven roasted, Bacon Wrapped Turkey and it looked I would also suggest that if your smoker doesn't have a water pan, add a small foil pan somewhere in your smoker with some water in it to help keep. Aluminium vs butcher paper vs unwrapped. Many will instinctively wrap their briskets (as well as pork butts and ribs) in either aluminium foil or butcher paper while they're cooking.