Slow-braised beef short ribs and gravy.
Slow-braised beef short ribs and gravy is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Slow-braised beef short ribs and gravy is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have slow-braised beef short ribs and gravy using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow-braised beef short ribs and gravy:
- Make ready 1 kg of boneless beef short ribs, trimmed.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, peeled, cut into thirds, then halved lengthwise.
- You need 350 g of large button mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Get 1/2 cup of brandy.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 6 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- Get 1 of large onion, unpeeled and halved.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled.
- It’s 4 cups of beef stock.
- Make ready 1/2 of frozen sweet peas.
step by step to make Slow-braised beef short ribs and gravy:
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pot on medium-high heat. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and sear them in the pot for 5 or 6 minutes until browned all over. Remove the ribs and set them aside..
- Add the carrots and mushrooms to the pot and let them cook for about 5 minutes until slightly softened and browned. Stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking another 2 minutes. If the bottom of the pot looks like it's about to burn, add a few tbsp cold water..
- Pour in the brandy and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the alcohol to cook off. Return the ribs to the pot and sprinkle in the flour. Give everything a toss to coat. Add the thyme sprigs, onion, and garlic cloves, and pour in the stock. There should be enough liquid to cover the meat about 3/4 of the way up, so adjust the amount of stock accordingly. Cover, and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for about 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally..
- Remove the cover and pull out the ribs, carrots, and mushrooms. Be careful, especially with the carrots, because they'll be very soft. Pour the sauce through a strainer into a large pan on medium heat. Let reduce for about 5 minutes, then return the meat and veg, and add the peas. Warm everything through for a minute or so, then serve. Goes fantastic with a mound of buttery mashed potatoes..
Okay that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food slow-braised beef short ribs and gravy recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!