Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies.
Ingredients of Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
- You need of Brownie Batter :.
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter.
- You need 8 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of + 2 tbsp. all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Andes baking chips, divided.
- You need of Peppermint Cheesecake Layer :.
- Prepare 8 oz. of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp. of peppermint extract.
- It’s 4 drops of green liquid food coloring (optional).
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies step by step
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until completely smooth. Then, remove it from the heat, pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and set it aside to cool slightly for 10 minutes or so..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×9" square baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray, then line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to easily lift out the finished brownies and set aside..
- Whisk the granulated sugar into the chocolate and butter mixture. Then, whisk in the 3 eggs, one at a time, whisking between each one. Whisk in the vanilla extract..
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Then fold in 1/2 cup of the Andes baking chips. Set the batter aside to prepare the cheesecake layer..
- For the peppermint cheesecake mixture, in a medium bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Then beat in the sugar. Once that's combined, beat in the egg, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and food coloring, if using..
- Spread a little more than half of the brownie mixture into the prepared baking pan and make sure the whole bottom is evenly covered with batter. Next, spread the peppermint cheesecake mixture over the batter. Drop the remaining brownie batter over the top and use a knife to swirl it into the cheesecake layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Andes baking chips evenly over the top..
- Bake for 32-36 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the brownies are overcooked..
- Place the pan onto a wire rack and allow the brownies to cook completely. Then cover the pan and move it to the fridge to chill for about 2 hours. Use a large, sharp knife to slice them into squares once they're chilled. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge..