Healthy chocolate jam brownie. These healthy brownies have it all – the luscious fudgy texture, the intense chocolate flavour and they're easy to make! Plus, they're gluten, grain and dairy free, as well as paleo. Because while these brownies might be healthy, they're also delicious and supercharged with intense chocolate flavour.
Ingredients of Healthy chocolate jam brownie
- You need 1/2 cup of raspberry jam.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark cacoa powder.
- You need 1 bar (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of soy milk.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 tbs of baking powder.
- You need 2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milled flax seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of cinnamon.
You can't go wrong with a chocolate brownie. It's a classic dessert choice and the gooier (is that a word?) and fudgier (this one. These Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies with Chocolate Ganache are so fudgy and delicious that no one ever suspects they're healthy! Serve them to me warm with a scoop of dairy-free chocolate peanut butter ice cream melting on top and you will win my heart.
Healthy chocolate jam brownie instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, flax, salt and cinnamon. Whisk until light and fluffy: very much the consistency of sifted powdered sugar..
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and soy milk..
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until it just comes together and fold in the chocolate chips..
- Butter a 9×13" baking pan and dust it with flour. Once sufficiently covered, pour in the brownie batter..
- Heat the jam in the microwave for about a minute until its consistency turns runny. Spoon some of the jam atop the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the batter and the jam together, taking care not to mix the two together completely..
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clear. Enjoy warm with no-sugar-added ice cream or with a cold glass of milk..
A brownie is never completely healthy, but these ones are better than most! Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of gently simmering water (making sure the base of the bowl is not touching the water). I'd call this a chocolate sponge cake, not a brownie. Works well with mashed up apples in place of bananas, as long as you add more sweetness. Brownie Frosting Options: Chocolate Frosting Shots.