Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake. Fold cocoa mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla until combined. Turn batter into prepared pan and bake until cake has risen, shrunken slightly from edges, and tests clean with a.
Ingredients of Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Prepare 16 Tbsp. of unsalted butter in 16 pieces.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Butter to grease pan.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 2 of eggs lightly beatened.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need of For the frosting.
- It’s 8 Tbsp of unsalted butter in 8 pieces.
- It’s 1 of \4 cup cocoa.
- It’s 6 Tbsp of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 pound of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
I remember my mom making it a few times growing up, although she called it something entirely different (Mama Hinckley cake, don't ask me why). This chocolate sheet cake recipe makes a moist, delicious chocolate cake some call a Texas Sheet Cake. Are y'all ready for the most delicious chocolate cake that has ever graced the end of a fork? Fudgy, moist, and oh so chocolatey, this is the chocolate cake of any chocolate lover's dreams.
Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake instructions
- For cake : Place oven rake in middle position. preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk well..
- Combine butter, cocoa and 1 1\2 cups water in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Whisk frequently until butter has melted and mixture is smooth, glossy and bubbling around the edges. Remove from heat..
- Fold cocoa mixture into dry ingredients until combined. Stir in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. pour batter into greased and floured pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a oven rack..
- For frosting : Combine butter, cocoa and buttermilk in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk until butter has melted and mixture is smooth and bubbling around edges. Remove from heat and transfer to a standing mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed, add vanilla, salt, sugar and nuts if using. Pour warm frosting over top of cake and smooth with a spatula. Allow frosting to become firm before slicing..
Our Favorite Chocolate Sheet Cake Recipe. It's Simple, Moist, Delicious And Serves A Lot Making It Our Go-To Party Dessert – Perfect With Ice Cream. Stir together for a moment to cool the chocolate, then pour in the egg mixture. This old fashioned German chocolate sheet cake is a nice treat to make for any occasion. The rich flavor blends perfectly with the texture.