Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast. Baked French toast with apples and caramel sauce. The consistency of the finished recipe will be similar to bread pudding! A glass baking pan will help prevent the toast from sticking.
Ingredients of Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast
- It’s 4 of slices of bread.
- It’s 4 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 of apples, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pecans (chopped or whole).
- It’s 1/2 cup of caramel sauce for drizzle.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon or lime juiced.
This easy overnight casserole is pretty self explanatory. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, then mix in the butter, apples and raisins. Place apples on top of pecans and bread. Drizzle sauce over toast before serving.
Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast step by step
- Beat eggs and add milk and sugar.
- Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Grate apples with skin on. Add lemon to stop browning..
- Chop raisins and pecans (or whichever nut you have).
- Spray bottom of pan or casserole that will fit the bread with non-stick spray.
- Place egg soaked brwad into bottom on pan in one layer.
- Evenly distribute the apple, raisins, nuts and caramel topping..
- Bake in a 350°F oven for approx 40 minutes or untill set and browned.
Forget about batches and flipping — our baked French toast is where it's at; a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and it's made completely ahead! Finely chop the pecans and transfer to a bowl. Add the applesauce, raisins, and cinnamon. In the pie plate, beat the eggs with the cream, sugar, and vanilla. Dip the sandwiches in the eggs and transfer to a baking sheet.