Salted caramel peanut butter truffles. Remove truffles from freezer and, using a fork, scoop truffles up and quickly immerse in chocolate, using a small spoon to drizzle chocolate evenly on top. Our Salted Caramel Truffle is an ode to our best-selling Sea Salt Caramel Gelato. Optional: Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt on the truffles before freezing them for the final time.
Ingredients of Salted caramel peanut butter truffles
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Medjool dates, pitted.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of melted coconut oil, divided.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Dip caramels in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. I used semi sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate, and topped each with a light sprinkle of sea salt. Salted caramel, peanuts and oodles of chocolate – this tart takes work but it's clearly a For the cinnamon peanut butter, put the peanuts in a food processor and pulse until the peanuts come Remove the tart from the tin and dust the top with cocoa powder.
Salted caramel peanut butter truffles step by step
- If your dates aren't sticky and super moist when squeezed, soak in hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain thoroughly and pit. Otherwise, just pit and add to a food processor..
- Add 1 Tbs of melted coconut oil and mix. If it's not quite combining, drizzle warm water 1 tsp at a time, scraping down the sides as needed, and mix until a rough paste or ball forms. (If you add too much water, it will be difficult to handle them later as they won't freeze up well.).
- Add 3/4 tsp sea salt and mix once more to incorporate. Taste and adjust the saltiness level if desired..
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until no longer warm and pliable enough to scoop into balls..
- Using a melon baller or a teaspoon and your finger, scoop out small balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for another 20-30 minutes to set..
- Add peanut butter and 1/2 Tbs coconut oil to a mixing bowl and microwave to melt (or heat in a small saucepan)..
- Remove truffles from freezer and drizzle with warmed peanut butter. Freeze again for another 30 minutes, or until the peanut butter has formed a semi-firm "shell.".
- Warm the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments with remaining 1 Tbs coconut oil..
- Remove truffles from freezer and, using a fork, scoop truffles up and quickly immerse in chocolate, using a small spoon to drizzle chocolate evenly on top. Then gently shake off excess chocolate and place back on parchment-lined baking sheet..
- Top with a small sprinkle of sea salt (optional), and repeat until all truffles are coated..
- Place back in freezer or fridge to set – about 30 minutes. Serve straight from the freezer or fridge. Let set out for 20 minutes to soften. Store in a freezer-safe container in the fridge or freezer to keep fresh..
These amazing Salted Caramel Fudge Truffles are so easy to make! Made in the microwave, they come together For a little decoration, I sprinkled each truffle with crushed peanuts but that is entirely up to you. Then, the peanut butter layer sinks into a dense, peanut butter caramel that pops with a cacao nib crunch. These treats are intensely satisfying and These remixed truffles have salted peanut butter cacao crunch date caramel centers. The salted caramel and peanut butter topping on this pie makes this a chocolate dessert no one will forget! (The peanut butter mixture will extend above rim of pieplate but will not overflow when baked.) Chocolate-Peanut Butter Truffles.