Sea Salted Caramel Popcorn Drizzled With Chocolate.
Ingredients of Sea Salted Caramel Popcorn Drizzled With Chocolate
- Prepare of popcorn.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need of caramel sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s of chocolate topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of hard shell chocolate for melting, I use Dolci Frutta brand.
Sea Salted Caramel Popcorn Drizzled With Chocolate step by step
- Melt one stick of butter in large sauce pan. Add unpopped kernels. Cover, shaking gently when popping begins. Remove from heat once popping slows. Transfer to large bowl..
- In deep pot, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, sea salt, and butter over low-medium heat. Stir until butter is fully incorporated into mixture..
- Once all ingredients for caramel sauce are combined, stir until it bubbles. The moment you see dime-sized bubbles – stop stirring! Set timer for 5 minutes..
- While letting sauce simmer, set up wax paper on area for cooling. You will want to act fast once your caramel corn has been fully mixed..
- At 5 minutes into bubbling, stir in baking soda. It will foam and color will lighten. Reduce heat to as low as possible..
- Add popcorn, one handful at a time being wary of unpopped or burnt kernels remaining..
- Stir carefully. Once popcorn is fully mixed in with caramel, transfer to wax paper. Use spatula to spread out evenly..
- Melt chocolate in microwave. It is easiest to monitor this way, stopping to stir about every 20 seconds so as not to burn..
- Drizzle chocolate on top of caramel corn..
- Allow time to fully cool and harden. Break into bite size pieces before serving..