Chocolate Caramel Slices.
Ingredients of Chocolate Caramel Slices
- You need of Base.
- It’s 3/4 grams of soft margarine.
- Prepare 1/4 of soft brown sugar.
- You need 40 1/2 grams of rolled oats.
- It’s 140 grams of plain flower.
- You need of Carramel Filling.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 225 ml of condensed milk.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 100 1/3 grams of dark chocolate.
- It’s 25 grams of white chocolate (optinal).
Chocolate Caramel Slices step by step
- preheat oven to 180'C/350'F/Gas mark 4.
- beat together the margarine and brown sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. beat in the flour and rolled oats. use your fingertips to bring the mixture together, if necessary..
- press the mixture into the base of a shallow 20-cm/8-inch sqaure cake tin..
- bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until just golden and firm. cool in the tin..
- place the ingredients for the caramel filling in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. bring slowly to the boil over a very low heat, then boil very gently for 3-4 min, stirring constantly, untill thickened.
- pour the caramel filling over the oat layer in the tin and leave to set.
- melt dark chocolate and spred it over the caramel. if using the with chocolate, place in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted. pipe lines of white chocolate over the dark chocolate, using a cocktail stick, feather the white chocolate into the dark chocolate. leave to set, then cut into slices to serve.