Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes. This yummy Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes recipe combines each flavor that you love from the traditional Nanaimo bar in an equally as delicious cupcake. These cupcakes are inspired by one of my favourite treats: Nanaimo Bars! Feel free to use your own chocolate cake recipe if you want.
Ingredients of Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 box of Chocolate cake mix with ingredients needed to prepare.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sweetened shredded coconut (or add a little more or less according to your preference).
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 4 cup of Icing sugar.
- You need 6 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Vanilla pudding mix or custard powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla (optional).
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips or as needed.
- You need 1 tsp of Butter.
There are MANY great things to say about Nanaimo Bars: One – they are a delicious, authentic Canadian treat, Two – a. This yummy Nanaimo Bar Cupcake recipe combines each flavor that you love from the traditional Nanaimo bar in an equally as delicious cupcake and your new favourite delicious desserts. There are MANY great things to say about Nanaimo Bars: One – they are a delicious, authentic Canadian treat, Two – a beautiful town in BC where I have relatives and Three – my FAVOURITE type of square. Then combine this with a cupcake.
Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding shredded coconut to batter..
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake as directed on the cake mix package..
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack..
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Stir in custard powder and milk..
- Beat in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth..
- Once cupcakes are COMPLETELY cooled, fill with filling by inserting a piping bag containing the filling and fitted with a small round tip into the centre of cupcake and squeezing bag while slowly pulling out. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes..
- Cover filled cupcakes and store in a cold place to allow the filling to firm up. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave..
- Dip tops of cooled cupcakes into melted chocolate so the tops are covered. Cover and allow chocolate to set. ENJOY!!!.
The filling in a Nanaimo Bar uses Bird's Custard Powder, and that is used here in the icing. I love custard powder and am happy for any opportunity to use it. The Nanaimo-bar-y-ness of the icing comes from using custard powder. The custard is what makes a Nanaimo bar a Nanaimo bar. Remove from the heat; blend in sugar, cocoa, vanilla, egg, crumbs and coconut.