Chocolate Cupcakes 'take over the world'. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and additional extract and beat until foamy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. The authors of Veganomicon take on the cupcakes in this sweet and sassy guide to baking everyone's favorite treat entirely clear of animal products.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cupcakes 'take over the world'
- It’s 240 grams of Soy milk.
- Prepare 5 grams of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 170 grams of Flour.
- You need 40 grams of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 5 grams of Baking soda.
- You need 3 grams of Baking powder.
- It’s 2 grams of Salt.
- It’s 140 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 70 grams of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 8 grams of Vanilla extract.
- You need 3 grams of Amaretto or almond extract.
My favorite chocolate cupcake is an intensely chocolaty one with a soft and fluffy texture which isn't overly sweet. Extra sweetness comes from the frosting! Finally I found this recipe and adjusted it a bit from: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. The hosts of the vegan cooking show The Post Punk Kitchen are back with a vengeance — and this time, dessert.
Chocolate Cupcakes 'take over the world' instructions
- Mix cup of milk and teaspoon of vinegar in main mixing bowl. Set aside and let curdle..
- In seperate bowl sift together cup of flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 tsp bk soda, 1/2 tsp bk powder, 1/4 tsp salt. If you should be using the thermomix kitchen machine like me, you can use whole grain flour which breaks up nicely when mixing at speed 10 with the other dry ingredients.
- Add into main mixing bowl: 3/4 c sugar, 1/3 c oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp amaretto.
- Beat liquids until foamy, e.g. with kitchen aid for 3 min at speed 4.
- Add curdled milk and stir.
- In 2 steps add flour mixture to liquid base and beat after each addition each time at max speed 2. All together for about 1 minute. Lumpy dough is just right.
- Fill into mini cupcake form. I got 34 out of this batch.
- Place into 175°C oven. Mini cupcakes 13min; medium sized 15min; large ones 18 min. Toothpick should come out clean and top should be 'spongy' under light pressure.
- Out of oven and place on rack to cool for 5 minutes. Then turn over and let them plop out on their own. Place on rack for an hour or until completely cooled down. Now you can frost them..
- Check my recipes for frostings that you might fancy. Vanilla buttercream goes well with them. Vegan or non-vegan. You choose! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350932-vanilla-coconut-buttercream-frosting https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/451210-thermomix-vanilla-frosting-perfect-for-cupcakes.
A companion volume to Vegan with a Vengeance,Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World is a sweet and sassy guide to baking everyone's favorite treat without using any animal products. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Make sure you're using trans fat free margarine like Nucoa or Earth Balance (both vegan). This recipe can easily be cut in half as well. (Update: I changed the frosting recipe due to inconsistent results. The new one is much better, in my opinion.