Vanilla Cupcakes. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Beat the butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder & salt and set aside.
Ingredients of Vanilla Cupcakes
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fine salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar (if you like it sweet you can add a third more).
- It’s 1 1/2 sticks (12 tbs) of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare of Your favorite frosting, for topping.
- Prepare 12 of -cup standard muffin tin or two 24-cup mini-muffin tins, cupcake liners.
In bowl of electric mixer, beat granulated sugar and butter on. Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Vanilla cupcakes are the perfect base for myriad fillings and frostings. For the richest, fullest flavor and fragrance, use pure vanilla extract.
Vanilla Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Line one 12-cup standard muffin tin or two 24-cup mini-muffin tins with cupcake liners..
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl..
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. While beating, gradually pour in the melted butter and then the vanilla..
- While mixing slowly, add half of the flour mixture. Then add all the milk, followed by the remaining flour mixture; take care not to overmix the batter. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin..
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, rotating the tin about halfway through baking time, 18 to 20 minutes for standard cupcakes or 10 to 12 minutes for minis. Cool the cupcakes in the tin on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on the rack completely. Frost and decorate as desired..
Or, better yet, if you are willing to splurge, add the seeds from a vanilla bean to the batter along with the extract. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Vanilla cupcakes may seem a little boring, but I think it's good to have one in your recipe collection that you can use over and over again. This recipe is the one I will be using all of the time from now on! The base of the recipe is simple ingredients, most of which you probably have at home right now.