Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins. Use leftover apple pie filling as a topping over vanilla ice cream. Make sure to use a nonstick muffin tin for easy pie cup removal. If you have leftover apple pie filling, you can use it as an ice cream topping, or mix with prepared quick oats for a sweet twist on breakfast.
Ingredients of Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins
- You need 4 lb of apples, I used local Macoun today but usally use easy to find Granny Smith.
- It’s 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 of 9 inch pie crust dough either homemade or pre made disks such as Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust ( 2 in a box rolled up ).
- Prepare of CRUMB TOPPING.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of apple pie spice mix or cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of toffee chips such as heath bits. found near the chocolate cbips in the grocery store.
- You need 4 tbsp of cold butter, cut into cubes.
Press each dough circle into the bottom of a muffin tin cup, leaving a tiny rim of dough sticking out at the top. Remove the extra pie dough from the refrigerator, cut out your designs for the tops of the pies, and place them on top. Remove crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Using large round cookie cutter, cut out rounds.
Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins instructions
- Peel.and core the apples.
- Cut apples into cubes, add to.large bowl with lemon juice while cutting. When all.cut apples are in bowl.add sugar toss to coat..
- Heat butter in a large skillet, add sugared apples with lemon juice and cook, stirring often just until softened but holding their shape.Add flour, cinnamon and salt.and cook just until blended. Transfer to a bowl to chill .Store up to two days in the refrigerator.
- MAKE CRUMB TOPPING.
- In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar, salt, apple pie spice and toffee chips add butter and mix with a fork until.It looks like like a crumble.Keep very cold up to a week.before using . Add to pies cold..
- FOR CRUSTS.
- Spray 12 standard size muffin or cupcake tins with non stick spray, set aside.
- Roll each pie crust out , cut 4 -4 inch circles from each crust.I used a freezer container lid..place dough circles in each of the prepared tins .smooth sides to fit and trim tops. Chill at least an hour. Note dough is easy to work with if kept cold. Do 4 pie crusts at a time, keeping dough cold when your not working with it..
- Fill.each cold crust evenly with apple mixture.
- Top.each pie evenly with crumb topping.
- Bake 12 minutes, rotate baking pan bake 9 to 12 minutes more until golden.
- Cool. pan on wire rack 15 minutes then run a small.sharp knife around edges of pies to prevent sticking.Cool about 15 minutes more before gently lifting out with a small knife.They need to be just warm, If you try to take out when to hot they will.not stay intact..
Get the recipe: Butterscotch-Apple Mini Pies. Cranberry Plum Mini Pies With Crumble Topping Sweet and tart, just like us, these crumb-topped sweets are all dressed up in red for the merry season. Pack them up as favors for your next holiday party. Muffin Tin Apple Pies are a traditional pie made with fresh apples, tossed with the perfect blend of spices, and then covered with a blanket of my flaky pie crust. But all in cute little miniature form and baked in a muffin tin.