Caramel Apple Cupcakes. Find Out How To Make Tasty Cupcakes. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; fold in apples. Caramel Apple Cupcakes made with a spiced apple cupcake and topped with caramel icing.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- You need 1 box of spice cake mix and ingredients to prepare cake.
- Prepare 2 cup of granny smith apple, chopped.
- You need 35 of caramels, unwrapped (I used Kraft).
- It’s 1/4 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 of Sprinkles or chopped nuts, optional.
- It’s 24 of Popsicle sticks.
Perfect for the holidays, a treat nobody can pass by. I merged a couple old recipes to make this custom dream. party ideas – place a candy apple wooden dowel (or Popsicle stick) for serving or a pumpkin shaped candy corn on top. Apple and caramel are pretty simple ingredients, but when combined they are a delectable treat. Top off these cupcakes with toasted pecans to create a traditional fall favorite.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare cake according to box directions. Fold in chopped apples. Scoop into cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers. (24). Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely..
- When cupcakes are cool, in small sauce pan add caramels and condensed milk. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes until caramels are melted and everything is combined. Spread over cupcakes..
- If you are adding sprinkles or nuts top immediately. The caramel cools quickly! Insert popsicle stick in center. Put in fridge for at least 10 minutes to set..
Make cake batter as directed on box; gently stir in applesauce and apple pie spice. These Caramel Apple Cupcakes have a cinnamon buttermilk cake filled with a spiced apple compote and then frosted with a decadent, yet easy, caramel buttercream! I used granny smith apples so that the tart apple flavor would shine through. The cupcakes are baked and then cooled. I knew I wanted to add the caramel icing, but I wanted to add another layer of caramel as well.