Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Filling & Cream Cheese Icing – 4th of July. While they're perfectly appropriate for Valentine's Day, there's no wrong time to serve these red velvet cupcakes. Stuffed with white chocolate and topped with mascarpone, this red velvet cupcake recipe will take top dollar at the bake sale or disappear first off the dessert spread. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is nearly melted.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Filling & Cream Cheese Icing – 4th of July
- Prepare of Batter.
- It’s 2 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix.
- It’s 1/2 dozen of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- You need 2/3 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 8 oz of White Chocolate.
- You need 8 oz of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need of Icing.
- It’s 2 can of Whipped Cream Cheese Icing.
- It’s 1 box of Food Coloring.
- Prepare of Misc..
- You need 1 of Decorating Tips.
- Prepare 4 of Disposable Piping Bags.
If you missed my other Red Velvet Cupcakes or Red Velvet Rice Crispy Treats make sure to check them out, you're going to want to make something fabulous this year for Valentine's Day! Or make these Maple Bacon Cupcakes for the man in. It is a light and fluffy cake; some red velvet cakes are much more dense, but if you prefer a spongier cupcake, this one is for you. I overfilled the cups and many rose too high (although they made yummy muffin tops) – filling your cup half full makes a cake even with the paper edge.
Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Filling & Cream Cheese Icing – 4th of July step by step
- Preheat oven to temp as instructed on cake mix box..
- In a double broiler, combine milk & white chocolate, over medium heat. Stir often until completely melted & smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature..
- Beat cream cheese & vanilla together in a separate bowl..
- Once chocolate mixture has cooled, slowly stir it into cream cheese mixture. Place mixture into refrigerator to set for 2 hours..
- Prepare cake mix according to box.
- Pour batter into cupcake/muffin pan. Bake as directed. *Note* Mix states you can make 48 cupcakes but I've never been able to get more that 40-42 out of it..
- Remove from oven & allow them to cool COMPLETELY..
- After filling has finished setting, remove from refrigerator & scoop into a piping bag & begin filling cupcakes. (If you've never filled a cupcake YouTube will be your bestfriend.).
- Mix up your icing colors & decorate!.
Forget the artificial coloring – these red velvet cupcakes are colored naturally with beets. But the real star is the white chocolate cream cheese frosting! Rich in both color and flavor, these cupcakes have everything a red velvet cupcake should have AND more. A moist and fluffy cake with the perfect amount of chocolatey sweetness, and that incredibly luscious, tangy, whipped white chocolate cream cheese frosting. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.