Oddly Delicious Ketchup Porkchops(Looks odd but tastes delicious).
Ingredients of Oddly Delicious Ketchup Porkchops(Looks odd but tastes delicious)
- You need 1 of -2 trays of Pork Blade Steaks(This type of pork works best with this recipe b/c of the thin cut. You can use regular porkchops as well, but adjust your frying time by adding 1-2 mins.).
- You need 1 each of All purpose seasoning, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic(optional).
- Prepare 1 large of Onion(Sliced).
- Prepare 1 large of Green Pepper(sliced).
- You need 1/2 large of bottle of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 pinch of of brown sugar(you will season to your personal taste).
- Prepare 1 of Flour for coating before pan frying( I find it easier to use preseasoned flour such as chicken breader, and go light on my own seasonings).
- Prepare 1 of Oil(just enough to coat the bottom of your frying pan).
Oddly Delicious Ketchup Porkchops(Looks odd but tastes delicious) step by step
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in your skillet to prepare for frying..
- Season your chops on BOTH sides according to your personal preference with the all purpose seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder..
- Dredge(coat) your porkchops on both sides with the flour..
- Fry your chops in the skillet for approximately 3 minutes on both sides and place each piece in a deep baking pan. It is okay to overlap..
- **SIDENOTE**Your meat will NOT be cooked all the way through at this point. That is because it will be transferred into the oven..
- After you are done frying your chops. Take a sauce pot and add the ketchup, cup of water, the pinch of brown sugar, the onions, green peppers and the minced garlic. Using medium heat, heat sauce until just starting to boil stirring frequently..
- Pour mixture over Porkchops in the pan and cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes..
- ENJOY! (Tastes great if paired with white or yellow rice).