Ingredients of Apple Tart
- It’s 1 of & 1/4 cups flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of apricot jam.
- You need 5 of to 6 apples (better golden delicious but whatever variety is valid).
Apple Tart instructions
- Heat oven to 180° Celsius ..
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, 1 tbsp. sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add 3 tbsp. of butter (cut the butter in small cubes so its easier to mix), add the oil and using your fingers, rub into flour mixture..
- Add milk and egg (beat the egg lightly) and stir with a wooden spoon until you get a dough..
- Put this dough in a plate or a tray that's suitable for ovens. Press the dough with your fingers lightly into the bottom and sides..
- Peel and cored the apples and cut into 8?12 wedges. Arrange apple wedges side by side on bottom of pie plate like the spokes of a wheel, pushing gently into the dough. I love filling in the tart with lots of apples I often use 7 to 10 small apples and fitting them..
- If you still have apples your can eat them while you wait or use the remaining parts and put them in middle of tart..
- Melt the remaining butter and mix it with the sugar and paint the whole tart. Using a pastry brush..
- Then prepare in a bowl the apricot jam (I add a tea spoon of cinnamon) and sprinkle apples with this mix (from the centre to the sides). Don't waste it all you can put some of this mixture when the tart is cooked and also during the cooking..
- Bake until the crust is golden, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving..