Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Mustard-mascarpone-marsala sauce gives chicken and pasta the "mmm!" factor. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 5 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of dry Marsala wine.
- It’s 1 cup (8 ounces) of mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- You need 12 ounces of dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
This recipe could not be easier to make! Pan fry the chicken, create the delicious sauce that. Stir in the mascarpone and mustard. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet.
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce instructions
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
Chicken with Mustard Marscapone Marsala SaucePlatings and Pairings. marsala wine, ground black pepper, boneless skinless chicken. This Chicken Marsala is so creamy, and so good! Learn how to make Chicken Marsala with breaded chicken cutlets in a Marsala wine, pancetta, and Chicken Marsala is a classic Italian American dish that sounds fancy and is perfect for a dinner party, but believe it or not, chicken Marsala is also easy. This easy chicken marsala recipe is a classic! Tender pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala Juicy pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala cream sauce.