Simona's Vegeterian Spaghettis.
Ingredients of Simona's Vegeterian Spaghettis
- You need of spaghettis or fettuccine.
- It’s of asparagus, cut in pieces of 3/4 inch (approximately).
- It’s of mini-tomatoes, each cut in half.
- It’s of feta cheese, diced in small cubed.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- You need of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare of cooking cream 15% (use 35% if you want a thicker sauce).
- Prepare of garlic, chopped finely.
- Prepare of salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg (optional).
- It’s of Additional Flavor.
- Prepare of crimini mushrooms, chopped (optional).
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
Simona's Vegeterian Spaghettis instructions
- Boil some water in a small pot and add asparagus. Boil until mostly tender but still just a little crunchy. Drain when ready..
- In the mean time, cook the pasta in a large pot according to the instructions on the package. When ready, drain and put them back in the same large pot..
- Melt butter in a smaller pot, on medium heat. Add the green onions and the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until garlic starts to be golden brown..
- Add the mini-tomatoes and the asparagus. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the feta cheese and mix well. Lower the heat to a little less than medium..
- Add the cooking creme, add salt and pepper to taste (not too much salt since the feta is already salty). Add nutmeg to taste (optional)..
- Cook until you start seeing bubbles in the cooking cream. When ready, add the sauce to the pasta in the large pot. Mix well, until all of it is covered and soaked in sauce..
- If you choose to add mushrooms for a little more flavor: heat olive oil in a pan on medium high. Add mushrooms and stir well. Sauté the mushrooms until tender. Serve on top of pasta..