Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce. Pour in tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix in salt, ground black pepper, basil, oregano, bay leaf and cooked sausage. Mix cooked sauce with hot pasta and remove bay leaf from sauce before serving. This Italian sausage pasta sauce is made by browning Italian sausage and then simmering it in a fresh tomato sauce.
Ingredients of Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce
- You need 1 jar of tomato sauce.
- It’s to taste of Fresh garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 of 1/2 white onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of 2 spicy italian sausage.
- It’s as needed of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need to taste of Fresh basil.
- You need of Pasta of your choice.
It's a traditional recipe from my husband's family. In fact, this recipe was one of. While the sausages are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce instructions
- Boil and cook your pasta (season w salt & olive oil). She’ll pasta my fav, lots of surface area to coat the sauce!!!.
- Heat pan to medium heat, olive oil, garlic and onion to sweat for a minute or two.
- Add the diced sausage (strip away the casing if you don’t like it).
- Pan fry until sausage is cooked – salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour in the jar tomato sauce (more basic flavor the better – like a blank canvas – you should add flavors of your liking).
- Cover on and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in the pasta and splash a few basil leaves on top! Done! If you love cheese shave some in too.
Fettuccine pasta with a rich and creamy, tomato and Italian sausage sauce. The sauce comes together quickly with sweet and spicy Italian sausage, first cooked through then simmered with tomatoes and cream. Add to sausage meat and brown for a few minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. This video is about some fast and easy penne pasta that I made with some spicy Italian sausage, and a simple creamy tomato sauce.