Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version). After the peppers and onions have softened, return the sliced sausage to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, basil For a little healthier twist, we sometimes substitute hot chicken sausage instead of regular sausage and pair it. Spicy Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers. I adapted this pasta to be like my favorite Italian restaurant version, only lighter—and tastier.
Ingredients of Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version)
- You need 1 pack of is Italian sausage (2-3 lbs).
- It’s 3-4 of red peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil for sautéing.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3-4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 box of Dreamfields pasta 13.5 oz.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of pack low fat cream cheese.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Red crushed pepper flakes.
- You need of Fresh parsley for garnish.
Learn how to make Italian turkey sausage and pepper pasta & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. You can also substitute mild or spicy chicken sausage for the turkey sausage, and use a Heat oil in same skillet. Add yellow peppers and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add sausage onto greased on sheet and cook for 30 min. Then flip and cook for another 10 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile sauté the chopped veggies and garlic in olive oil until soft..
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasoning. Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking dice up the cooked sausage and add in. The last 2 min of the pasta cooking, add the cream cheese to sit on top of dish to soften. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. This sausage and pepper pasta is filled with grilled Italian sausage and colorful bell peppers, all served over pasta in a tomato sauce. Sausage and peppers is a classic flavor combination. When you add pasta to the mix, you have an easy dinner that's great for entertaining or for a busy weeknight. This hearty pasta recipe with sausage and peppers will be a new family favorite.