Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack. Cut one pound of boneless, skinless. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, then Return the chicken to the pot.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack
- You need of Your favorite Chicken part/s.
- It’s of Bottled or ready-made Pesto sauce.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, sliced coarsely.
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 small dry bay/laurel leaves.
- You need 1 c of or more water.
- Prepare 1/2 cube of chicken bullion or broth cube.
- Prepare of Cooked pasta.
- You need 150 ml of all purpose cream (nestle or other).
- You need pinch of peppercorns (huge pinch).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Sprinkle of Parmesan (optional).
Quick and easy one pot creamy pesto chicken, made with simple ingredients. If you have pesto in your fridge, you. This Creamy Pesto Chicken blog post is sponsored by Imagine® Foods, although the content represents my own personal opinion/experience. This creamy chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy weeknight meals that tastes amazing yet doesn't take a ton of time to pull together.
Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack instructions
- In a pot heat your water and add the bay leaves, garlic, onions, peppercorns and 1/4 of a chicken bullion cube. Add your chicken (salted lightly), thawed or 1/2 frozen. How much chicken? Depends how many are eating. How much water? Enough to submerge the chicken. Cover, turn, check until chicken is cooked (about 15-20 mins for 2 pcs of quarter chicken). Set aside when cooked..
- Meanwhile while boiling chicken, cook your pasta according to package instructions. Don't forget to add salt and oil or butter in the water. Set aside when cooked..
- Pesto sauce- to make it quick and easy, buy a pre-made or ready made pesto sauce from the supermarket. Normally they are in small bottles good for 2-3 servings. You can use the whole thing depending on how many are eating. If there's excess oil in the bottle, separate and pour it in a container (if u want to use it later on), no need to strain or to be exact. We need to remove the excess oil since this is a creamy sauce..
- In very low heat, pour the oil-drained pesto in a pan. Add your nestle or all purpose cream and 1/4 of the remaining chicken bullion cube. Stir in the flavors. Add a few tablespoons of the chicken broth from the boiled chicken to enhance the flavor, but not too much to make it soupy. To thicken, you can add more cream. Taste and season accordingly..
- Plating- plate your chicken and pasta then scoop your pesto sauce on top. OR toss it in a big bowl but ensure that your pasta is well drained as the excess water will make it soupy. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese (the Kraft kind or cheese block kind). Enjoy!.
- Note: the chicken broth tastes good too, you can serve it as a side soup with a sprinkle of scallions. Or freeze and use it for a chicken noodle soup dish..
This creamy pesto chicken salad makes the perfect healthy lunch or easy weeknight dinner. It's easy to make and is packed with protein! We are all about chicken salad recipes on FFF! This creamy chicken pesto pasta recipe is comforting, delicious, and super easy. It's fast even if you make your own pesto from scratch!