Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook. Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water, over medium heat, and cook until al dente. Add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high. Drain the pasta in a colander, and add it to the skillet along with the chopped parsley and toss.
Ingredients of Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook
- You need 1 of and a half lbs angel hair pasta (will need two boxes, use one and a half boxes).
- Prepare 16 oz of bag of spinach.
- Prepare 12 oz of small shrimp, (bag) raw peeled,deveined,tail off, frozen.
- It’s 2 containers of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of medium white sweet onions.
- It’s 1 bottle of white wine (use half the bottle) any white wine will work.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of or more minced garlic (I used 4 -5 tablespoon).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sweet basil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of oregano.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Garlic bread optional.
Prawns or langoustine can also be used. The sauce is traditionally made with a lemon and white wine reduction. For this recipe, I added some red chili. Make delicious angel hair pasta with garlic shrimp and juicy lemon butter white wine sauce!
Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook instructions
- Cook pasta to till done, drain and cool off pasta by running water over it In a colander drain and set in refrigerator or can leave in sink,in the I colander,(if leaving In colander in the sink add some water from time to time so it don’t stick together) I left it in the colander in the sink..
- Cut onions set aside when pasta is cooking.
- In big frying pan add Olive oil,butter and all spices, on medium heat mix up.
- Add the onions after Olive oil heats up mix to coat all onions.
- Add mushrooms 5 mins after the onions mix to coat mushrooms and onions.
- Add the frozen shrimp (mix to coat)5-7 mins after the mushrooms can put a lid on to help it cook faster mixing in between.
- After shrimp turns a light pink (don’t cook the shrimp all the way)add half the spinach,put lid on till it cooks down some till you can add the rest of the spinach,mix some in between. after all the spinach is in and cooked down, add a half a bottle of white wine mix well and put the lid on.
- Cook wine out…. wine will turn a light yellow and is no longer a milky white…. taste and mix occasionally if needs more spices add at this time. (if making garlic bread at this point will be a good time to start baking it) after wine is cooked out,turn off heat.
- Add the pasta, try to mix in the pan or place it all together in a big bowl (make sure that the pasta is not sticking together when adding to the wine sauce, if it’s sticking run it under cold water and mix with hands, drain well you don’t want water in the wine sauce).
- Make plates immediately and top with cheese on the outside of the pasta and a pinch over the pasta, don’t over power it with the cheese. (spoon on some sauce to each plate if you like, goes really good with garlic bread / I like to soak up the wine sauce with my bread) I highly recommend garlic bread, Italian bread,or baguette bread toasted or not toasted (a cheesy bread or cheesy garlic bread I think will over power this dish and I don’t recommend that.).
- Notes- the garlic is the heart of the dish., the more the better. You can take the shrimp out or can substituted it for Scallops. I know the ingredients looks like a lot especially the bag of spinach but that cooks down and fast, can also substitute that with kale. Can also add slices of tomato’s, just add the tomatoes slices on top of the spinach, it will also help hold down the spinach as it cooks down..
- Everything is made to taste. And spices is an estimate in this recipe I don’t really Measure.
- I had leftovers (good for a few days) makes for a good lunch too.
- This makes a lot it fills up one of my biggest bowls..
Shrimp Scampi – A Delicious Italian Pasta Dish With Lot's Of Garlic, Wine, Butter, Parsley – Продолжительность How to Make a Butter Sauce – Beurre Blanc – French Butter Sauce Recipe. The rich buttery wine sauce full of roasted garlic is a perfect complement to the natural sweetness of the shrimp. Try making this with smaller shrimp and serving it over angel hair pasta for a tasty dinner option. In a small bowl, combine shallot-wine mixture, parsley, tarragon, thyme, salt and. Mixing buttery shrimp scampi with smooth fresh angel hair pasta is a deadly combination.