Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta
- You need 2 ounces of egg.
- It’s 2 ounces of milk.
- It’s 6 of each- 3 ounce chicken breast pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of each of salt,pepper,garlic,sage and Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 2 ounces of oil.
- It’s 1 Pound of pasta, fresh (We used Orecchiette pasta….your choice:).
- Prepare 2 ounces of butter.
- Prepare 2 ounces of flour.
- You need 1 quart of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of sage.
- Prepare 8 fluid ounces of heavy cream or half and half.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Crystal hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 ounces of andouille sausage, sliced.
- You need 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms — sliced.
- It’s 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes- diced — diced or quartered.
- It’s 4 of each scallions- whites only — finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped — add to finish.
- You need 1/4 cup of scallion greens — add to finish.
Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta instructions
- Cook off the pasta per the directions and set aside..
- Mix the egg and milk together to make an egg wash..
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash and coat with the seasoned flour..
- Place the 2 ounces of oil in a large saute pan and brown the chicken take out and reserve for later..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour and cook to make a blond roux 3 minutes on moderate heat..
- Gradually add the stock to the roux, stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps..
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the cream the Crystal hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce..
- Simmer approximately 20 minutes..
- Saute sliced andouille sausage,mushrooms, finely dice scallions and garlic for 2 minutes then add the diced tomatoes and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Season with thyme,sage salt, pepper..
- Add the chicken and the sauce to the sauteed ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. adjust seasonings as desired..
- Take out the chicken and toss the pasta with the sauce and the parsley and scallion greens..