Cajun Chicken over Pasta.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken over Pasta
- You need 12 ounce of pasta of choice.
- Prepare 12 ounce of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2 inch strips.
- It’s of Spice Mixture.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 3/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 1/2 Tbsp of unseasoned bread crumbs.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped sweet green peppers.
- Prepare 4 cups of canned or fresh tomatoes, crushed.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
Cajun Chicken over Pasta instructions
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the spice mixture; then coat chicken in spice mixture..
- In a medium, non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray or covered with oil, saute chicken on medium heat until cooked through (no longer pink). Set chicken aside..
- In the same skillet, heat oil; saute garlic, onions and peppers for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and cayenne. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes..
- Prepare pasta of choice and top with chicken. Combine with sauce..
- Serve and enjoy!.