Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. Well, yes – but that honestly depends on your diet and nutrition goals. You just add all of the. These slow cooker baked beans cook low and slow for six to eight hours.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- Prepare 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- Prepare of Optional 👇.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- You need of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped kale.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- It’s of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
There is a time and place for both, in my opinion. Sort and rinse beans, then drain. Place in slow cooker with water, sausage, red pepper, onion and garlic. Slow Cooker Ham and Bean soup is the perfect family meal because everyone always loves it; this hearty soup is like a hug in a bowl!
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta instructions
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
The slow cooker does all of the work. Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef! This simple crockpot recipe feeds a crowd and it's perfect for busy back to school dinners or for game day! This salad serves a crowd and is perfect for a potluck or picnic. This is one of our favorite meals and just about everyone I know goes crazy over it.