Cheese and Spinach Pastry *Vegetarian. Remove the pastry sheet from the fridge and unroll. Cut the sheet lengthways down the middle to make two long rectangles. Pile the filling onto one piece, leaving a generous border around the edges, but compressing the spinach to make a sausage shape along the length of the pastry.
Ingredients of Cheese and Spinach Pastry *Vegetarian
- It’s 3 pcs of pastry puff.
- It’s 300 gr of baby spinach.
- It’s 1 of egg (optional).
- It’s 200 gr of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 200 gr of fetta cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
At the end of baking, sprinkle the tops with extra cheddar cheese and bake few more minutes until the cheese has melted. Fold the pastry over the filling, pressing the corners together to meet in the centre and then place a half walnut over the join in the pastry. Beat the remaining egg and brush the egg wash over the pastry. Puff pastry shells are stuffed with a mix of spinach, creamy cashew cheese, garlic and dill, and then baked to flaky perfection to make these mouth-watering vegan spinach puffs.
Cheese and Spinach Pastry *Vegetarian step by step
- Pre-heat the oven, 180°C temperature..
- Cut the spinach up, place it in mixing bowl..
- Mix spinach, ricotta, fetta, egg, and salt well..
- Cut each pastry puff into 4, fill up with spinach and cheese mix, fold triangle shape, use fork to lock the side..
- Bake them for 20 mins or until the pastry raises and turns golden..
- Enjoy while hot..
Vegan Spinach Cheese Rolls Delicious flaky pastry rolls filled with dairy-free 'cheese' and spinach. A great treat to have on the weekend, at parties or a speedy evening treat! Not too long ago cutting out dairy or being vegan meant you had to go on living your life without things like milk, yoghurt and cheese! Plus the endless list of the other food products. A creamy spinach and ricotta filling encased in a crispy golden puff pastry!