Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition. See great recipes for Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition too! Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition step by step. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
Ingredients of Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening or non dairy margarine. When using matzah..
- You need of …meal add 2 more tablespoons of non dairy margarine.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water or cold vodka when not preparing for passover.
- It’s of Use 3/4 cup cold water when using matzah meal.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Flour or matzah cake meal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder or 1tsp kosher for Passover baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Here, we sprinkled zaatar onto puff-pastry straws and paired them with a creamy, garlicky yogurt dip. Divide the puff pastry in half and roll thinly into two large equal sized rectangles. Mix the zaatar and olive oil into a paste and spread. Puff Pastry Pinwheels Puff Pastry Appetizers Pinwheel Appetizers Middle.
Quick pastry adapted from the Settlement Cookbook third edition instructions
- Melt shortening.
- Add water to the shortening.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add water and shortening to the dry ingredients, mix well, until dough is smooth..
- Chill the dough.
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Lightly dust a pastry board with flour or matzah meal or roll dough between to sheets of wax paper or floured plastic wrap..
- Flatten the dough lightly..
- Roll it to 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick from center to edges with a lightly floured rolling pin using short stokes to make 1 round or several smaller rounds to make tartlets..
- Turn the dough often in a circular motion to keep it round. Do not turn it over but Lift from board occasionally. If the round splits at the edges, press together. Sprinkle board w with flour as needed..
- Roll into pie plate, cut small rounds and press into muffin pan to pre bake or fill and fold & press edges together for tarts..
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Follow our simple pastry recipe to make delicious Salmon & Spinach en Croute that's full of flavour! Visit Jus-Rol to browse our pastry products. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface. For many bakers, making pastry is one of life's great pleasures. Whether it's a tart or pie, there are.